As the high and consistent quality of our flour is a key feature of our philosophy, quality control is an essential part of our manufacturing process. We have one of the most sophisticated and modern Quality Control laboratories. Our team
of analysts are comprised of experienced food chemists and bakers who ensure that the final product is always of a high quality.
Quality control ensures that the flour has the best qualities while also carrying out analyses to determine that the grain is free of harmful toxins, pesticides or other harmful micro-organisms. These are accomplished through the special
equipment at our disposal as well as our association with some of the best NABL accredited laboratories for these types of tests.
The Quality Control Procedure
- We do not take delivery of grains either from farmers or suppliers unless a sample has firstly been taken. This sample undergoes analytical control, and it is verified that it is of excellent quality - that is suitable for our production
and human consumption. Only then do we take delivery. Sampling and analyses are conducted throughout the delivery procedure.
- We store our grains in accordance to their qualities and then perform sampling and analyses both during production as well as on the final product. Sampling is conducted during every step in production, and it only passes onto the
next production stage when quality control has approved the product.
- Finally, after the flour has been tested by our quality control department and before receiving final approval that it is ready for sale, it undergoes baking testing in our fully equipped experimental bakery.
- In this procedure, flour is tested multiple times before being released onto the market. This is a key contributing factor to our products having a high and stable quality for which they are known.
- The quality control, of course, does not stop at the mill. The technicians in the marketing & quality control department on a regular basis visit bakeries throughout Tamil Nadu and monitor the progress of our products.
- Every day, before all the flours proceed to packaging and distribution, they pass through the experimental bakery where our experienced baker kneads, moulds and bakes all of the products. In this way, in addition to the scientific
analysis of the flour, we also obtain a hands-on view of the flour's behaviour during kneading, resting and baking every day. We finally obtain a visual and flavour evaluation of the products that are manufactured.
Research & Development
As consumption habits are constantly changing and the baker's requirements are growing, our Research and Development (R&D) department, which is comprised of experienced food technologists who together with the technical Baker continuously
improve our products and also develop new flours. This department is constantly experimenting with different flour recipes by combining grains with different qualities so as to always achieve the best possible outcome for our customer,
The guidance of this department helps us in the selection of the appropriate grain with which our production will achieve the correct grain blends that will consistently provide high-quality flour